Labour and Employment
If you need a Labour and Employment attorney in Addis Ababa or throughout Ethiopia our law office is ready and available for your legal needs. As Labour and Employment is one of our major areas of practice, Our Law Office provide outstanding legal services in the area. In this regard Fikadu Asfaw and Associates Law Office has represented numerous Local and International Business Organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs/CSOs) working in diverse sectors. As a result this our law office have considerable experience in providing Labour and Employment related legal advice and representation to business entities as well as non-profit organizations to enable them maintain stable and well organized working relationship with their employees and focus on their actual work.
Our Labour Law Attorneys provide legal advice and representation for local and foreign investors in Ethiopia; ensure legal compliance of employment relationships and avoidance of the occurrence of unnecessary court proceeding. We handle and ensure compliance in relation to employment of expatriate employees. We advice and/or represent our clients to make prudent decisions and represent them in Labour and Trade Union Disputes at various level of courts in Addis Ababa and throughout Ethiopia. Our Labor and Employment Lawyers are well acquainted with the currently applicable Labour Proclamation of Ethiopia and it’s currently implementation under Ethiopian Labor Courts that our law office works towards creating and maintaining peaceful and stable working environment. If however the issue takes the rough road and goes to court or any other legal tribunal, our Litigation and/or Alternative Dispute Settlement team efficiently handle our client’s labour disputes.
Our works of Legal Advice and/or Representation include:
- Employment/ Enrollment issues; Drafting Employment Contracts and/or revising and ensuring Legal Compliance; Regulatory Compliance; Definite and Indefinite Period Employments;
- Non-Compete Agreements; Unfair Competition;
- Corporate Reorganizations and Restructuring (including Harmonization of Terms, Redundancies and Dismissals),
- Cancelation/Termination, Plant Closings and Reductions in Force; Bankruptcy and Reduction of work force; Post Cancelation/Termination of employment contract payment issues (including Severance Pay, Compensation, Pension, Provident Fund (PF) …etc.)
- Disabilities Benefit, Disabilities Compensation, Employee Benefits, Retaliation Claims, Workers' Compensation, Wrongful Termination Claims,
- Employee’s leave, Medical Benefits, Employment Tax Issues, Handbooks and personnel Policies,
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution including Arbitration and Conciliation;
- Class Action and Collective issues, Trade Union and other Industrial and Labour Relations Issues
- Regulatory Compliance; Occupational Safety and Health in the workplace
- International Employment, Immigration Law, Work permit and Residence Permit
- Background Investigations and Due Diligence
- Construction Law,